The Sisters in Christ have adopted Adam Alton as part of the St. David's Care Committee "Adopt A College Student" program.
Adam is the son of Suzanne and Yong Alton and is a member of St. David's UCC. He is a Freshman at East Stroudsburg University in PA where he is studying to be an Athletic Trainer.
Some of the things we can do for Adam are as follows:
- Mail him care packages with his favorite candy, magazines, gift cards
- Send him "thinking of you" cards, especially during finals
- Invite him to dinner or for ice cream when he comes home on break
- Always reassure him that he can count on us for support
- Remember him on his birthday (7/15/96) and holidays by sending a text message or Facebook message
- Keep him in your prayers
Be sure to send him a friend request on Facebook: here
I will be happy to give you Adam's cell phone # and mailing address, privately.
I encourage all of you to contact Adam on a regular basis via social media, cell phone or snail mail to let him know he is being supported by his church family.
I would like to get together a "just because" care package to send to Adam immediately.
I am looking for donations of some of Adam's favorite things listed below. Please bring any items with you to the Ladies Game Night on February 19th at 7 p.m.. If you cannot make it to the meeting, please let me know and I will arrange to get your donation(s) from you. Thanks!!
Gum
Granola Bars
Sunflower Seeds
Chipotle gift card
Walmart gift card
Arby's gift card
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sports Magazines
Hand Sanitizer
Axe Deodorant
Toothpaste
Toothbrush
Kleenex
Pens
Golf Balls

No comments:
Post a Comment